Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Mother City, South Africa

Yikes! It's been a long time since I have posted to the blog.  My apologies.  Sadly, the internet in Cape Town was rather expensive so posting pics was just not an option.  Instead, I have been updating Facebook and you can click here to see the photos over the past few weeks. My time in Cape Town was a complete blur.  The city is absolutely amazing in so many ways. While I wasn't planning to spend so much time there, I am really glad I did.  I extended my stay at a great hostel called The Backpack.  Great vibe, great people and a great location.  Not only did I get to see nearly everything in Cape Town, but I made some absolutely amazing connections that I wouldn't have otherwise made if I'd left so soon.  Mia and Lynden, where do I begin???  Such fond memories of you both and thank you for everything!

So after a long 6 hour bus ride east along the Garden Route, I now sit in Mossel Bay.  I am staying at the Park House Lodge for a few nights before my Great White Shark/Marine Lab internship begins at Oceans Research.  On Tuesday, I move to the intern house which I hear is right on the water.  So excited.  I took a quick walk today through town and down to The Point and I can't believe this will be my home for the next month.  My life definitely doesn't suck right now.  Ha ha!  Stay tuned for more news on what I will be doing and seeing.  I hope to post some great white shark activity in the coming week.