Saturday, July 17, 2010

Change of scenery

Yes, I have changed the look of the blog.  I think the last template was causing too many issues with posting photos.  I'll give this one a test run and see what happens.

Not only has the blog changed but I've also moved out of the house.  My spanish lessons are over and it's time to get out and see more of Ushuaia.  While I will miss my housemates, I won't miss the hilly walk to/from town.  And can you believe I left my beloved tek towel at the house!  I hope I will get it back soon.

For the next week, I will be hanging my hat at the Hostal Malvinas.  The hostel is only one large hill (versus eight) from the main drag (San Martin) and it's centrally located.  And while it's called a "hostel", I do have my own room and bathroom.  In fact, I have a room on the top floor with a view of the Beagle Channel!  Scored a pretty good deal at $160 pesos/night ($40 USD).



The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. I even have a small fridge in my room that they stock with sodas, water, beer and champagne. The only bad thing is the wireless in the room completely sucks.