Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gear

While I am thinking about it, just wanted to endorse two great pieces of gear I have brought on this trip.


Thus far, I have used my tek towel nearly everyday and I LOVE IT!!  I was skeptical because I HATE microfiber but have found it to be extremely absorbent and it dries super fast.  Most travel towels I have used in the past have been like a massive piece of "felt" and they smell like mildew after a few days of use.

Just make sure to get a medium or larger...the small is barely big enough.









The Mountain Hardwear Drifter backpack has been a lifesaver.  It fits in the overhead bins (planes & buses) and seems to have endless capacity.  It fits my 13" macbook, two cameras, change of clothes, iPhone, charging cords, toiletries, Sigg water bottle, steripen, magazines, etc.  It has one large compartment and one small  in the lid.  Personally, I like one compartment for finding everything as well as locking one zipper for storing at hotels, etc.  Also, this pack (unlike any others I've seen) has a handy front handle so you can carry it like a duffel bag.  Brilliant!